December 23, 2019 | 10:37pm
Financial institution of America Winter Village at Bryant Park
We’re town that by no means sleeps — not even on Christmas.
In search of one thing to do in addition to watch “A Christmas Story” time and again? The Large Apple affords a minimum of 12 days’ price of choices on Christmas Day.
If you wish to take pleasure in a few of the unseasonably heat climate, take a stroll via Bryant Park’s Winter Village or glide throughout the Midtown oasis’ ice-skating rink. There are additionally ice rinks at Central Park, Chelsea Piers and, in fact, Rockefeller Plaza.
Head for Broadway, the place the reveals should go on — though with some modifications in efficiency schedules. Numerous film theaters are open, too.
Most museums can be closed, however the Prospect Park, Queens and Central Park zoos are open, as are the New York Aquarium at Coney Island and the Large Apple Circus at Lincoln Heart.
You may play vacationer by visiting the Empire State Constructing, Prime of the Rock, One World Observatory or Madame Tussauds, all of which can be open.
In fact, there’s all the time Chinese language takeout and a film at residence (and extra “Christmas Story”). No New York sports activities groups are taking part in, anyway. (Nope, not even the Knicks this yr.)
Procuring can be powerful, although. Most shops will shut early on Christmas Eve and stay shuttered via Christmas Day.
Right here’s what else you possibly can count on over the vacations:
12/24: Excessive: 46 levels. Low: 33 levels. Sunny.
12/25: Excessive: 45 levels. Low: 37 levels. Largely sunny.
12/26: Excessive: 43 levels. Low: 37 levels. Cloudy, with an opportunity of rain late.
What’s open or closed:
- Metropolis, state and federal places of work can be closed Christmas Day. Social-security places of work can be closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Publish places of work, UPS and Fedex shops can be closed Christmas Day. Common mail won’t be delivered. Some submit places of work might shut early on Christmas Eve.
- Libraries can be closed.
- Most banks can be closed Christmas Day. Some open on Christmas Eve embrace TD Financial institution, Financial institution of America, Citibank, Capital One and Wells Fargo.
- There can be no trash or recycling pickup Christmas Day. If Wednesday is your regular trash day, put your rubbish out after four p.m. for pickup Thursday.
- The New York Inventory Trade and Nasdaq will shut early, at 1 p.m., on Christmas Eve. Each reopen Thursday.
- Whereas most shops are closed on Christmas Eve, Dealer Joe’s can be open till 6 p.m., Entire Meals until 7 p.m., Goal until 10 p.m., Macy’s until 6 p.m., and Queens Heart and King’s Plaza malls till 7 p.m.